The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills. Successfully completing the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating.
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course. You also need:
- PADI Divemaster, with at least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency First Response certification within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
- Dive Theory eLearning
- Flexi-schedule 5 days training at KL (IDC Prep)
- Fixed 7 days training at Phuket, Thailand (OWSI)
- Training fees for IDC Course (OWSI)
- Tanks use during training
- PADI Shark Conservation Specialty Instructor